Chief Directorate – Human Resource Management & Development services
To ensure an enabling environment and workforce.
- Render and executive HR Oversight role by means of:-Provide strategic leadership and guidance for the human resource function of the department by means of establishing a HR Strategy and HR Plan.
- determining the strategic direction of HR and the organisation of work in the department;
- identifying strategic HR priorities;
- setting measurable objectives that facilitate good practices and compliance with labour practices,
- the strategic management of human capital; and
- The delivery of services in line with governments service delivery objectives and mandates.
- Provide functional leadership for the human resource function of the department by means of planning, contracting and assessing performance of all sub-functions and managing internal and external relationships.
- Develop, establish and maintain operational human resource practices.
- Provide HR advice to decision makers and managers in the department.
- Provide operational delivery support relating to the implementation of day-today administration of human resource transactions and human resource policies, practices and service in general.
- Tel: 018 388 1084/3426/7
- Fax: 086 624 1730
To improve organizational effectiveness by fostering the skills and knowledge of Employees.
Ensure compliance of the skills development legislation (Skills Development Act & Skills Development Levy Act).
2. Manage the training and development of employees to their full potential.
- Tel: 018 397 3602/3101
- Fax: 018 388 1736
Sub Directorate – Skills Development Services
Purpose: Ensure compliance of the Skills Development Legislation/Policies.
Sub Directorate – Career Development Services
Purpose: Manage the training and development of Employees to their full potential.
To ensure sound Human Resource practices.
- Provide an effective Human Resource Information service.
- Establish employment practices that maximise flexibility, minimise administrative burdens and prevent waste and inefficiencies.
- Enhance organisational efficiency, effectiveness and accountability for the use of resources and the achievement of results (PMDS).
- Enforce a process of social transformation whereby barriers to the employment of and advancement all employees will be promoted.
- Create an environment of sustainable diversity.
- Aim, within fiscal constraints, to support equal pay for equal work.
- Establish within available funds an efficient and effective internal organisational office based structure.
- Facilitate, co-ordinate and consolidate the office based HR Plan.
Establish and maintain a health promotion programme and a safe work environment that promotes the health and well-being of employees.
Enforce a process of social transformation whereby barriers to the employment of and advancement of all employees will be promoted.
To Create an environment of sustainable diversity.
Establish within available funds and efficient and effective Internal Office Based Organisational Structure.
Facilitate and co-ordinate the office based human resource planning activities which should ultimately ensure that the Department has the right number of people, with the right composition and competencies.
- Tel: 018 388 3602
- Fax: 018 388 1736
Sub Directorate – Human Resource Management Services (Non CS Educators)
Sub Directorate – Employee Health & Wellness Services
Purpose: Establish and maintain a Health Promotion Programme and a Safe Work Environment that promotes the health and well-being of employees.
Sub Directorate – Organisational Development/Design & Office Based Human Resource Planning
Sub Directorate – HR Informantion Management Services
Purpose: To provide an effective human resource information service.
Sub Directorate – Perfomance Management Services (Public Service Act Employees)
Purpose: To enhance organisational efficiency, effectiveness and accountability for the use of resources and the achievement of results (PMDS)
To provide a Human Resource Administration Service pertaining to Head Office based Employees.
To ensure sound CS Educator Human Resource Practices.
- Provide a human resource administration service pertaining to head office-based employees.
- Control the wage bill of the department through effective establishment control measures.
- Perform the human resource planning function pertaining to the determination of post establishments of learning institutions (PPM).
- Establish employment practices that maximise flexibility, minimise administrative burdens and prevent inefficiencies pertaining to CS Educators.
- Tel: 018 388 3602/3101
- Fax: 018 388 1736
Sub Directorate – Human Resource Planning Services (Learning Institutions)
Purpose: Perform human resource planning functions pertaining to the post establishments of Learning Institutions.
Sub Directorate – Human Resource Management Services (CS Educators)
Purpose: Establish Employment Practices that maximise flexibility, minimize administrative burdens and prevent waste and inefficiencies.
To foster and maintain good working relationships in order to secure labour peace and sound conduct management.
- Ensure sound employee (staff) relations.
- Advance the democratisation of the workplace.
- Manage all matters pertaining to employee behaviour.
- Tel: 018 388 4104/5
- Fax: 018 388 3028
Sub Directorate – Employee Relations Services
Purpose: Ensure sound Employee (STAFF) Relations.
Sub Directorate – Collective Bargaining & Action Services
Purpose: Advance the democratisation of the Workplace.
Sub Directorate – Behavior Management Services
Purpose: Professionally manage all matters pertaining to employee behaviour.