Importance of principals
As the managers of our schools and key delivery agents in our education system, school principals are the most important partners in education. The biggest driver of better education outcomes is the school manager, the principal. School academic performance is highly correlated with the abilities and commitment of the principal.
Some of the things that successful principals do:
- They hire qualified teachers, or ensure the training of the unqualified teachers on their staff.
- Successful principals ensure distribution of workbooks and textbooks on time. This is critical to successful learning. It empowers pupils and helps to ensure that they complete the syllabus.
- Successful principals check that teachers are in class teaching.
- Successful principals monitor and evaluate the quality of learning with the children, and keep parents informed of their children's progress.
- Successful principals work with the community and the department to remove obstacles to learning.
Information for Principals